- Your Consent and Agreement
BY ACCESSING AND USING OUR WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES:
- BY SUPPLYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, ACCESSING AND USING OUR WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, STORAGE, USE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WHICH INCLUDES YOUR BIOMETRIC DATA, BY US TO GDPR COUNTRIES; AND
- What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes personal information (as defined in the South African Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013) provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, subscribing to our electronic newsletter and IP updates, posting material or requesting further services;
- Information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website;
- Your contact information, when you contact us;
- Information submitted during completion of surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To personalise your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature;
- To send periodic emails; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Where and for how long do we store your personal information?
The data we collect from you and that we transfer to a third party outside of the Republic of South Africa shall only be to a third party who is subject to a law, binding corporate rules [as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPI) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)] or binding agreement [as defined in POPI and GDPR] which provides an adequate level of protection that:
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any transfer of data and payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary. We undertake to regularly review the personal information we hold and to de-identify or delete your personal information which we no longer require. We will keep your personal information for only so long as we need it in order to:
- to honour your choices;
- to fulfil the purposes described in this document; or
- as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
- How do we protect your information?
We have implemented industry accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to your personal information; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing a service to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Do we include third party links?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these websites.
- What are your rights in relation to personal information?
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a legal right to:
- Obtain confirmation as to whether we process personal information about you, receive a copy of your personal information and obtain certain other information about how and why we process your personal information;
- The right to request for your personal information to be updated, amended or rectified where it is inaccurate (for example, if you change your address) and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to delete your personal information in the following cases:
- The personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed;
- Our legal ground for processing is consent, you withdraw consent and we have no other lawful basis for the processing;
- Our legal ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, you object to the processing and we do not have overriding legitimate grounds;
- Your personal information has been unlawfully processed; or
- Your personal information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- The right to restrict personal information processing in the following cases:
- For a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of personal information where you contested the accuracy of the personal information;
- Your personal information have been unlawfully processed and you request restriction of processing instead of deletion;
- Your personal information are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed but the personal information is required by you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- For a period enabling us to verify whether the legitimate grounds relied on by us override your interests where you have objected to processing based on it being necessary for the pursuit of a legitimate interest identified by us.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information in the following cases:
- Our legal ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party.
- The right to data portability:
- The right to receive your personal information provided by you to us and the right to send the data to another organisation (or ask us to do so if technically feasible) where our lawful basis for processing the personal information is consent or necessity for the performance of our contract with you and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right to withdraw consent:
- Where we process personal information based on consent, individuals have a right to withdraw consent at any time. We do not generally process personal information based on consent (as we can usually rely on another legal basis).
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
- Applicable Law
- Do you use any cookies from third party companies? Some cookies we use are from third party companies, such as Google Analytics, to provide us with web analytics and intelligence about our websites. These companies use programming code to collect information about your interaction with our websites, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on and how long you are on our websites. This code is only active while you are on the Contactable website. For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies: Google at Google Privacy & Terms.
- What if I don’t want cookies? By using our website and accepting all cookies, you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained above. You can select and accept the relevant cookies in the cookie pop-up. Essential cookies will need to be accepted to enable your continued basic access to our website. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device, you can change your browser settings to do this. Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the website may no longer work.
- Your agreement
- Contacting Us
Contactable Information Officer / Data Protection Officer
Email: [email protected]