2. What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes personal data and company information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, subscribing to our electronic newsletter and IP updates, posting material or requesting further services; Information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site; If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways: To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs; To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service; To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you; To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs; To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature; To send periodic emails; and To notify you about changes to our service.
4. Where and for how long do we store your personal data?
5. How do we protect your information?
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personal information; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing a service to you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
8. Do you use any cookies from third party companies?
Some cookies we use are from third party companies, such as Google Analytics, to provide us with web analytics and intelligence about our sites. These companies use programming code to collect information about your interaction with our sites, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on and how long you are on our sites. This code is only active while you are on the Contactable website. For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies: Google at Google Privacy & Terms.
9. What if I don’t want cookies?
By using our site you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained above. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this. Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies will have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our site or click on a link in a targeted email that we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
10. Do we include third party links?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
11. What are your rights in relation to personal data?
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a legal right to:
- Obtain confirmation as to whether we process personal data about you, receive a copy of your personal data and obtain certain other information about how and why we process your personal data;
- The right to request for your personal data to be updated, amended or rectified where it is inaccurate (for example, if you change your address) and to have incomplete personal data completed;
The right to delete your personal data in the following cases:
- The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed;
- Our legal ground for processing is consent, you withdraw consent and we have no other lawful basis for the processing;
- Our legal ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, you object to the processing and we do not have overriding legitimate grounds;
- You object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Your personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- Your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
The right to restrict personal data processing in the following cases:
- For a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of personal data where you contested the accuracy of the personal data;
- Your personal data have been unlawfully processed and you request restriction of processing instead of deletion;
- Your personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed but the personal data is required by you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
For a period enabling us to verify whether the legitimate grounds relied on by us override your interests where you have objected to processing based on it being necessary for the pursuit of a legitimate interest identified by us.
The right to object to the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- Our legal ground for processing is that the processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party;
- Our processing is for direct marketing purposes.
The right to data portability: The right to receive your personal data provided by you to us and the right to send the data to another organisation (or ask us to do so if technically feasible) where our lawful basis for processing the personal data is consent or necessity for the performance of our contract with you and the processing is carried out by automated means. The right to withdraw consent: Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals have a right to withdraw consent at any time. We do not generally process personal data based on consent (as we can usually rely on another legal basis). You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] We will respond to your request within 30 days.
12. Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
13. Applicable Law
15. Your agreement
Contactable Data Protection Officer Email: [email protected]
Post: 5 Via Latina Crescent, Irene Corporate Corner, Irene, South Africa